MYSTIQ is committed to managing environmental impact as an integral part of our operations. In particular, it is our policy to assure the environmental integrity of our processes and facilities at all times. We will do so by adhering to the following principles:
We will employ management systems and procedures specifically designed to minimize the use of energy and other natural resources, to minimize the generation of waste, and to enable recycling and reuse of materials.
We will continually seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results; including but not limited to energy, water, paper and fuel consumption and vehicle miles travelled.
We will promote participation and communicate our commitment to responsible environmental management by promoting environmental responsibility among our employees; by providing the necessary training and support to enable them to implement this policy; by informing suppliers of our environmental policy and encouraging them to adopt effective environmental management practices; and by soliciting input from our employees, suppliers, customers and board members in meeting our environmental goals.
The following measures will be taken by management and employees to reduce waste, prevent pollution, conserve water and energy:
Awareness & Commitment:
Our policy toward the environment will be readily available and promoted to our employees, customers and students. We will endeavour to ensure staff, customers and students are familiar with and implement our environmental commitment and objectives.
- MYSTIQ Environmental Policy will be able to be viewed on our website
- MYSTIQ Environmental Policy will be present in the employee handbook
- MYSTIQ Environmental Policy will be included in our Academy’s course content
MYSTIQ will endeavour to reduce the impact on the environment wherever possible with respect to transport.
- Support carbon offset projects by shipping 100% of parcels via carbon neutral means (view Australia Post Carbon Neutral Delivery Program)
- Seek and employ local products and services to reduce transport emissions wherever possible
- Avoid unnecessary travel by opting for online meetings, communication and education wherever possible
Energy and Water Consumption:
MYSTIQ is committed to reducing carbon dioxide emissions by both attaining a greater efficiency in total energy consumption at our Headquarters and by continuing to examine the possibility of acquiring electricity from “green” sources where finances permit.
- On-site air conditioning is only to be used when the ambient temperature is over 25 degrees Celsius. Air conditioning temperature is to be set no lower than 25 degrees Celsius
- Use natural light wherever possible. Artificial lighting to be by fluorescent or LED bulbs only.
- Shut down computers and equipment completely when not in use.
- Limit water use by following the guidelines set out by the Queensland Government
Waste Generation and Management:
MYSTIQ will endeavour to minimize the production of waste and pollution; including unnecessary packaging and opt for “green” packaging options wherever possible. MYSTIQ will implement measures to reduce the volume of waste generated and increase the proportion of waste that is recycled in our company. MYSTIQ dedicated to spreading the importance of waste reduction to the eyelash extension industry as a whole.
- MYSTIQ is the first eyelash extension company worldwide to partner with Terracycle to develop a recycling program specifically for waste generated by the eyelash extension industry via Lash & Beauty Zero Waste Boxes
- Use a combination of municipal recycling and Terracycle Zero Waste Boxes to reduce landfill waste generated at our Headquarters
- Provide access to Lash & Beauty Products Zero Waste Boxes at our Headquarters for our customers and students to drop off their product waste
- Encourage our customers to purchase and use Lash & Beauty Products Zero Waste Boxes in their own businesses
- Going paperless wherever possible by utilizing electronic communication, invoices, documents and manuals. Printing on both sides of paper where going paperless is not an option.
- Reuse wherever possible, including repurposing packing materials from our own suppliers.
- Reduce kitchen waste by providing dishes and cutlery, discouraging single-use plastics and excessive packaging.
Materials & Resources:
MYSTIQ will try to minimize the environmental impact with regards to sourcing materials and resources.
- Where the option is available and finances allow, MYSTIQ will avoid using product packaging materials which have an undesirable effect on the environment. Where this is not possible, MYSTIQ is committed to reduce waste by reusing and recycling and encourage our customers to do the same.
- All paper and label products are sourced via sustainable means by purchasing through Officeworks. Doing so supports the Restoring Australia Initiative.
- MYSTIQ will request that our suppliers use minimal or sustainable packaging when shipping products to us. Any packaging received will be reused or repurposed where possible. Unusable packaging will be recycled via Terracycle Mailroom Supplies Zero Waste Boxes
- Where reusable packaging is not available, MYSTIQ makes sustainable packaging choices such as:
- Reusable and recyclable boxes;
- Biodegradable/compostable postage satchels;
- Biodegradable bubble wrap & sticky tape;
- Biodegradable tissue paper & stickers;
- Biodegradable shipping labels;
MYSTIQ will help to protect and enhance natural habitats and wildlife, take appropriate opportunities to enhance them and be sensitive to landscape issues.
- Wherever possible and finances allow, MYSTIQ will endeavour to source and produce products without cruelty to animals.
- Look to minimize impact on local wildlife and look for opportunities to work with the local community in caring for the local environment
- Participate as a company in a “Clean Up Australia” Event in our local community at least once per year
As MYSTIQ grows as a company, we are committed to continually improving our Environmental Sustainability Policy and practices by seeking out eco-friendly options wherever possible.
Thank you for helping us look after the environment.